When it comes to healing therapies, every country and tribe have different dimensions to it.
Some could be medical, others cultural while some are based on superstitious beliefs. Let’s take a look at some healing therapies that are considered weird around the globe:
1. A pregnant woman here is being touched by a dolphin during a therapy session for pregnant women at a hotel in Lima.
The therapy is said to stimulate the brains of the baby inside the belly, with the dolphin’s high-frequency sounds, to develop neuron abilities.
2. Here we can see snails crawl on the face of a woman during a demonstration of a new beauty treatment at Clinical-Salon in Tokyo.
It was a 5-minute session of facial treatment at Clinical-Salon. The snail slime is believed to make one’s skin supple as well as remove dry and scaly patches.
3. This is ‘Garra rufa obtusas’, also known as “doctor fish, swimming around the face of a man as he relaxes in a hot spa pool in Kangal.
The treatment is believed to heal Psoriasis, a chronic skin disease which affects the joints and skins. People suffering from psoriasis travel to Kangal to stay at the spa for 21 days and visit the fish pools twice daily for four-hour treatment sessions.
4. Students perform Rubber Neti, an ancient yogic technique, in Chandigarh.
Many Indians believe that Rubber Neti controls the common cold, cough and asthma and keeps the nasal passages clean.
5. Residents of Rawa Buaya, in Indonesia, lie on railway tracks because they believe that the electrical energy from the tracks will cure them of various illnesses.
Do you want to be the first to get these news,updates and vital info?