Omelet is an original Spanish diet and the main ingredient in an omelet is the egg because eggs are great sources of protein , vitamins, and minerals.
There are various versions of omelet but the vegetable omelet is what we will be looking at.
Vegetable Omelet can be prepared with your favorite vegetables. Below is a basic easy-to-make recipe.
- 4 to 5 eggs (300 g)
- 1 small onion (60 g)
- 1 small carrot (60 g)
- 2 teaspoons of salt (10 g)
- 1 teaspoon of pepper (5 g)
- 1 small red pepper (80 g)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil (60 ml)
- Cheese cut into small pieces (100 g)
- 2 slices of cooked turkey ham (25 g)
- First, cut the carrot into small cubes and boil them over medium heat.
- Next, sauté the pepper with two tablespoons of olive oil in a small pan. If you feel like it, you can add a little chicken breast to the omelet.
- Then, turn off the heat when the vegetables are golden and the carrot are soft. Strain and set aside.
- In a cup or bowl, add the eggs, the cheese cut into small pieces, and the two slices of turkey ham cut into thin strips.
- Mix well and add salt and pepper. Repeat in the other cup or bowl.
- Once the vegetables have cooled, put half of them in one bowl and the other half in the other.
- Put the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan and once it’s hot, add the contents from one of the bowls.
- Once the omelet can easily be lifted with a spatula, fold it in half.
- Finally, wait five minutes before turning it over. Cook another 5 minutes and you’re all set.
- Repeat the process with the contents from the other cup and you’ll have an omelet for the entire family.