Beetroot is one very nutritious vegetable grown in the world. In North America, it is known as table beet, garden beet, red beet or golden beet.
It is a variety of Beta Vulgaris grown for their edible taproots and leaves (called beet greens). Simply put, beetroot is the tap root portion of the beet plant.
1. Beetroot lowers blood pressure because of the presence of nitrates, which the body converts into nitric oxide.
2. Beetroot improves body performance, endurance and stamina – it improves running performance in adults by 16 % . Beet juice has shown to improve athletic performance in runners, swimmers, and cyclists.
3. It improves digestion and solves stomach upsets – it is a remedy for constipation and can be used to flush out toxic attacks in the body.
4. They may help you loose weight because they are low in calories and high in water. Increasing your intake of low-calorie foods like fruits and vegetables has been associated with weight loss
5. Beetroots can be used to treat cancer
Beetroot extract reduces multi-organ tumor formations in the body when administered in drinking water.
6. Rich in Valuable Nutrients and Fiber
Beets are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium (essential for healthy nerve and muscle function) and manganese (which is good for your bones, liver, kidneys, and pancreas). Beets also contain the B vitamin folate, which helps reduce the risk of birth defects.
7. Beetroots fight against anemia; they contain iron which can be used to regenerate red blood cells hence preventing anemia.Do you want to be the first to get these news,updates and vital info?