Honorable Debo Ogundoyin has emerged as the Speaker of the ninth Oyo State House of Assembly.
The 32-year-old lawmaker, representing Ibarapa East constituency was elected unopposed with the unanimous voice vote of the 32-member assembly on Monday.
The second-term lawmaker who is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was elected shortly after the state governor, Seyi Makinde inaugurated the Assembly.
Honorable Mohammed Fadeyi from Ona Ara Constituency was elected Deputy Speaker of the Assembly.
The deputy speaker is also a member of the PDP.
The Oyo ninth Assembly is dominated by the ruling PDP with 26 out of the 32 members.
Following the inauguration of the 9th Oyo Assembly on Monday, Bagavill.com brings you the list of elected principal officers of the assembly.
Recall that Bagavill.com had earlier reported that 32 years old Debo Ogundoyin emerged the speaker of the Assembly.
See the full list below:
1. Rt. Hon. Ogundoyin Debo Edward – Speaker – Ibarapa East State Constituency – PDP. Bagavill.com reported that he is 32 years old and one of the returning lawmakers.
2. Rt. Hon. Abiodun Fadeyi – Deputy Speaker – Ona Ara State Constituency – PDP. He is a first timer at the chamber, Bagavill.com gathered
3. IBagavill.com can report that Hon. Adedoyin Onaolapo Sanjo is the Majority Leader from Ogbomoso South State Constituency – PDP
4. Hon. Babalola O. Samson is voted as Deputy Majority Leader and he is from Egbeda State Constituency – PDP, Bagavill.com reports.
5. The only opposition principal officer is Hon. Alarape Ashimiyu Niran, Bagavill.com gathered and he is the Minority Leader from Atiba State Constituency – APC
6. Hon. Adedibu Hakeem A. – Chief Whip Iwajowa State House Constituency – PDP
7. While Hon. Yusuf Adebisi is the Deputy Chief Whip from Ibadan South West I State Constituency under PDP ticket. Bagavill.com reports that he is a son of popular Ibadan born Fuji musician, Taiye Adebisi Currency.
Do you want to be the first to get these news,updates and vital info?
Hearty congratulations to the newly elected Honourable Speaker, @Adebo_ogund and Deputy Speaker, Mohammed Fadeyi of the Oyo State House of Assembly. I wish you a successful tenure. Our administration will respect the autonomy of the legislature. pic.twitter.com/44BHvZQA1h
— Seyi Makinde (@seyiamakinde) June 10, 2019