Brown rice is used for this delicious and tasty recipe just to derive extra fibre.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, de-seeded and diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 x 227g can pineapple pieces, drained and sliced into quarters, juice retained
- ½ cup sultanas
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup toasted cashew nuts, or almonds, walnuts or a combination
- ¼ cup chopped coriander or parsley
- ¾ cup retained pineapple juice, and water, if necessary
- 1/3 cup olive or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp lite soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- Prepare rice according to package instructions. When cooked, leave to cool.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add spring onions, capsicum, celery, carrot, pineapple and sultanas.
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a screw top jar.
- Add dressing, toss and leave in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow flavours to develop.
- To serve, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, nuts and coriander and gently toss.