This recipe is a sweet-smoky dip with white beans and chipotle peppers and it’s great with chips, pita, veggies, and crackers.
If you want to show up with something that is heavy on the vegetable side, this delicious dip is for you.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 2 shallots (about 1/4 pound), cut into 4 pieces each
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup white beans, drained and rinsed if using canned (reserve the liquid)
- 1 to 2 chipotles in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, plus more for serving
Method of preparation:
2 Make the dip: Place the roasted sweet potatoes and shallots in a food processor or blender along with the white beans, 2 tablespoons olive oil, chipotles, lime juice, and cilantro. Puree, adding reserved bean liquid as needed, until the dip is smooth and thick, like a hummus would be.
3 Serve the dip: Sprinkle the top of the tip with cilantro, and serve with your favorite tortilla chips or an assortment of fresh vegetables.Do you want to be the first to get these news,updates and vital info?